VERQUARE HI solar reflective coating has been shown to reduce room temperature by 10°C during the noon in summer. This would cause a lot of saving in energy. On the other hand, HI solar reflective coating is a fire retardant coating due to its ceramic material’s property.
Combining with our self-cleaning topcoat, which is developed from up-to-date nano-technology, this composite solar reflective coating will not be washed away by heavy rain and destroyed by UV and thus resulting in a robust and reliable performance. With this outstanding property, the composite HI solar reflective coating can be used to stop rusting on metal surface as well.
HI reflective coating is primarily used for exterior roof or vertical surfaces, facades, HVAC equipment and ductwork. It can be applied onto different surface, such as steel, aluminum alloy, iron, concrete, wood, plastic, and asbestos tile. It can also be used in many other miscellaneous applications that benefit from the insulation provided. The finished coating also provides exceptional fire proofing properties.
1. High total reflective index (up to 94%) to sun light and low thermo-conductivity: this property lowers the roof surface temperature and results in low indoor temperature.
Ex 1: In summer, when the outdoor temperature is 35°C, HI reflective coating decreases the steel roof temperature from 55°C to 35°C, which provides a 6~12°C indoor temperature decrease.
Ex 2: The concrete roof surface temperature in summer before and after HI reflective coating and the corresponding indoor temperatures.
2. Low glare, which reduces the environmental impact to your neighborhood.
3. Excellent water proofing properties, can bridge cracks and holes up to 4 mm.
4. The composite coating with self-cleaning topcoat provides excellent weather and UV durability.
Ex: After 5 years, the HI reflective coating surfaces with/without self-cleaning topcoat on steel roof in tough coastal environment
5. Satisfying the requirements as an energy saving product, can save up to 45% in cooling costs.
6. Excellent flexibility and adhesion to wide range of substrate.
7. Can be applied to most of the metal, timber, plastic, masonry, and cement surfaces.
8. Available in a range of colors.
9. A green product which complies with the most up-to-date environmental and health related regulations.
10. Easy, fast, and safe to be applied.
11. The composite coating can stand under high temperature (up to 290°C).
In order to improve the weather resistance and durability of HI reflective coating, we developed our own self-cleaning topcoat by using the most up-to-date nano-technology. This topcoat is a non-yellowing and low VOC alcohol based product. It provides a tough lotus-like surface after being dried, which keeps surface clean and prolongs the life of HI reflective coating.
A.Application of HI solar reflective coating:
1. Check the appearance and adhesion of the old coatings, such as water-proof PU coatings. If bubbles or scale-off appears to the old coatings, the de-laminated old coatings have to be cleaned first. Meanwhile, if there is any crack with width larger than 4 mm on the surface, please bridge the crack first. After the aforementioned procedure, clean the dirt or moss on the surface.
2. Clean the surface by water and then allow it to be fully dried.
3. If the coating surface is porous, such as the roof of RC building, applying a primer coating first, such as ES-1417 water based primer or RW-4401 sol-gel primer from VERQUARE. This primer coating would provide good adhesion to HI reflective coating for porous surface.
4. Add some water into HI reflective coating (5~10 wt%) and mix both well. The amount of water added depends on the required viscosity. HI reflective coating is a pure water based product. Please DO NOT use any solvent type thinner to dilute it.
5. Please do not conduct coating work under raining day. High humidity (RH > 80%) can prolong the drying period as well. On the other hand, the wet surface would slow down the drying and film-forming period, which may cause bad coating surface appearance and delamination in future. HI reflective coating normally takes about a week to complete its film forming. Please keep the film integrity during the film-forming period.
6. The recommend dry coating thickness is about 0.3 ~ 0.4 mm. This thickness can be achieved by one spray coating process on smooth surface. For porous and rough surface, two spray coating processes may be required. The rule of thumb is applying the coating until the surface color is fully covered by HI reflective coating. Please DO NOT apply too much HI reflective coating onto a surface. This would retard the drying and film forming speed, which decrease the effectiveness of such coating.
7. HI reflective coating can be applied by brush, roller coating brush, or air/airless spray systems.
8. Spec for air-spray : (a) spray gun: orifice ≥ 2.5 mm; (b) air compressor: with 1.5 kW horse power and output pressure ≥ 5 kg.
9. Spec for airless-spray: (a) spray gun: orifice ≥ 0.787 mm; (b) air compressor: with ≥ 3.75 kW horse power and output pressure 3000~5000 psi.
10. If the ambient temperature is about 25°C and RH is about 75%, the set-to-touch time of HI reflective coating with recommended applying thickness is about 30~60 minutes. The higher the ambient temperature, the shorter the period. Under the same condition, 1~2 hours after applying HI reflective coating, the self-cleaning coating can be applied as a topcoat.
1. SG-2500 is a one-component self-cleaning topcoat with fast drying and curing speed.
2. The reflective coating has to be dried hard before applying self-cleaning topcoat.
3. Self-cleaning coating can be applied by brush, roller brush, as well as air/airless spray system. The brush and spray system should be rinsed by IPA or ethanol first to make sure no residual water in the tool. Water would contaminate and destroy the coating.
4. Only a thin self-cleaning coating is needed to protect your reflective coating. A wetting surface by self-cleaning coating is enough during the application. The drying time is about 10 minutes under the ambient temperature at 25°C. The fully-cured time 72 hours under the same condition.
1. Good air ventilation of the working area has to be confirmed before application work.
2. Working people has to equip with gloves, mask, and goggle/safety glasses, for safety.
3. The working surface is slippery before the self-cleaning coating is dried. Please wear shoes with rubber-like shoe sole for safety.
4. HI reflective coating can be cleaned by water; please use IPA or alcohol to clean self-cleaning coating.
5. In case of eye contact, wash affected eyes for at least 15 minutes under running water with eyelids held open and consult a physician. If swallowed , never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Rinse mouth with water. Consult a physician.
6. Keep drums tightly closed and dry; store in a cool place with good air ventilation.
7. Please re-cap the drum with HI reflective coating after usage. We recommend finishing the drum of HI reflective coating three months after being opened.
8. Please keep both HI reflective coating and self-cleaning coating away from children. Children should also be prohibited from entering into working area for safety reasons.
9. The finished drums can be cleaned by water for HI reflective coating and by IPA/alcohol for self-cleaning coating. The cleaned drums can be discarded as recyclable trash. Please DO NOT use the cleaned drums as containers for food storage.
10. Please check the MSDS of HI reflective and self-cleaning coatings for detailed safety information.
|Solid Content (wt%)||60.7|
|Fineness (μm )||5|
|Total Reflective Index%1||93.67|
|Thermal conductivity k（W/mK)2||0.202|
|Thermal diffusivity α（m2/s）2||0.152|
|Heat capacity ρcp（MJ/m3K) 2||1.327|
2. Test method: ISO/DIS 22007-2
|Test Item||Result||Test Standard|
|Adhesion (1mm x 1mm x 100 grids, 3M#600 tape)||5B||ASTM D3359-02|
|Impact resistance (falling ball method, 300 g, 50 cm||Unaffected||CNS 10757(1995) § 4.1|
|Alkali resistance (5 w/v%, Na2CO3/24 hr)||Unaffected||CNS 10757(1995) § 22|
|Acid resistance (5 w/v%, H2SO4/24 hr)||Unaffected||CNS 10757(1995) § 23|
|Salt water resistance (3 w/v%, NaCl/96 hr)||Unaffected||CNS 10757(1995) § 24|
|Water Absorption (%)||N.D.||JIS K6911(1995) § 5.26|
|Water permeability (ml/m2•day)||60||CNS 10757(1995) § 17|
|Tension strength (kgf/cm2) (specimen: No. 1 dumbbell)||25||CNS 10757(1995) § 9|
|Elongation (%) (specimen: No. 1 dumbbell)||34||CNS 10757(1995) § 9|
|tVOC (g/L)||9.0||ASTM D3960-04|
|Free formaldehyde (mg/kg)||N.D.||GB 18582-2001|
|HI reflective coating (20 L/Drum)||suggesting coverage (m2)||Self-cleaning coating (17 L/Drum)||suggesting coverage (m2)|